Buena Park, California
Job Category: Food & BeverageReq ID19454
$18.50 / hour
pay rate may vary depending on experience.
The Cook is responsible for preparation of meals such as cleaning and chopping vegetables, piecing together entrees, use of basic equipment such as fryer, grill, and other various kitchen equipment.
Age requirement: 18+
Seasonal and Part-time Positions
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding job? Interested in meeting people from all over and gaining skills that will last a lifetime? Then Knott’s Berry Farm is the place for you!
Working at Knott’s Berry Farm, you will have access to these amazing perks:
- Complimentary admission to Knott’s Berry Farm and all Cedar Fair parks
- Earn complimentary tickets for your friends and family
- Discounts on food and merchandise
- Special events for associates only
- Building lifelong friendships
- Resume building skills
- Flexible schedule
- Employee recognition programs
- Performs various cooking and food preparation techniques, including sanitizing, grilling, broiling, frying, cutting, weighing, measuring, chopping, grilling, frying, baking, sautéing, and baking.
- Stocks and maintains order in walk-ins, reach in refrigerators, and all dry storage areas throughout work area.
- Completes Daily opening and closing cleaning procedures in the kitchen.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Previous Cook experience preferred.
- Ability to adhere to recipes, food preparation instructions, and production guidelines.
- Ability to read, speak, and comprehend English in a manner sufficient for effective communication.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Certifications: California Food Handlers Card