Landscape Area Manager
Buena Park, California
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID19076
The Landscape Area Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the maintenance crews in all areas of the park. Also
heading up new construction projects. Designing new landscapes and flower beds as well ordering plant material and submitting
requisitions. He would also be responsible for equipment and safety training. Assisting the Manager with administrative duties.
Salary Details: $61,910/yr. - $82,390/yr. plus a 15% bonus
- Responsible for the daily operation of the maintenance crews in the park. Assigning and evaluating work performed by the Landscape Gardeners for mowing, trimming and planting new flowers and plant material. Also responsible for determining the water needs for various plant material and overseeing the programing of the irrigation controllers.
- Responsible for assigning work on new construction projects. Oversees the installation and planting of large specimen trees, ornamental plant material as well as all hardscape material. Also oversees the installation of new irrigation systems.
- Calling nurseries, locating the necessary plant material and setting delivery dates and times. Submitting purchase requisitions and making sure the vendor has the correct purchase order number.
- Assisting the manager with Kronos and time keeping.
- Assisting the manager with Maintenance Connection. Generating, assigning, and completing work orders in the KBF system.
- Coordinating work with other KBF trades and departments to facilitate the completion of the necessary work and projects.
- Assisting the manager and coordinating equipment and safety training.
This position requires the following education and experience, or an equivalent combination of both:
- High School diploma/GED preferred
- Field of study- Landscaping, Horticulture or a related field
- 2-4 Years’ Work-related experience required
- Minimum 1-3 years experience directing other employees' daily work activities and to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews.
- Regularly uses moderately complex oral and written skills. May train others in functional area and interact with others across the company and/or externally.
- Broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices with ability to use in complex,
- Regular contact with others both inside and outside the company. Results have significant broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments
- Decisions have major implications on the management and operations of an area within a department. Job may contribute to important strategy, operational and business decisions that affect the department.
- Problems are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents and practices.
- Assists in planning, monitoring, and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Specific physical and / or environmental demands are an essential part of the job
License, Certification or Other
- CA Driver's License
- QAC- Qualified Applicators Certificate
Additional Certification: Arborist Preferred