Buena Park, California
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID19072
The Landscape and Aquatics Manager oversees a staff of 30 comprised of 5 aquatics technicians and 25 landscape members that maintain both Knott’s Berry Farm and Soak City Water Park. The manager is responsible for the water quality of water features and attractions as well as the drinking water. Additionally, provides the leadership for land care of all turf, tree, and landscape statements. Manage and design the landscape, irrigation, pest control and aquatic features for both parks. Oversee the water quality for drinking water, storm water, and water park attractions ensuring safety, quality , and compliance mandates are maintained.
Salary range: $65,910/yr-$82,390/yr plus 15% bonus (based on experience/knowledge). Standard benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, 401K, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Provide leadership to the Landscape & Aquatics departments and project plans. Designs, implements, and maintains existing landscaped areas and construction projects. Projects may include water systems, ornamental plants, trees, ground covers, and landscaping structures (e.g., walkways, irrigation, and lighting). Must be able to design small and large landscape areas and their associated irrigation systems.
- Plans and directs the work of staff including training, assigning, planning, and reviewing work, evaluating work performance, coordinating activities, maintaining standards, allocating personnel, selecting new employees, acting on employee problems. Manage department staff within the work force. Including coaching, mentoring, and developing staff to reach potential and established goals for the individual and division. Identify and develop Crew Leaders.
- To support and participate in the development, implementation and refinement of departmental best practices in all areas of field operations and safety. To keep abreast of new methods that might be applicable to the Company; constantly pursing new ideas, which could be implemented.
- Maintain all field reporting and records required for reporting procedures and are completed accurately and timely to maintain company, State, and Federal regulations.
- Maintain the safety of guests and employees by ensuring proper maintenance of company equipment and enforcing safe work practices at all times. Ensures all work is completed in adherence to safety policies and guidelines. Conducts inspections and safety training on job sites. Investigates any accident or safety violation, prepares appropriate reports, takes action steps to correct and prevent future occurrences. Defines and implements solutions to recurring accidents or hazards.
- Provides technical leadership on landscape irrigation, drainage, and horticulture. Includes tree care and replacement. Provides technical leadership for water statements and attractions to meet all regulated mandates for public safety. Manage landscaping, irrigation, pest control, and aquatics projects to deliver maximum performance and value for the company. Complete projects on time and within budgets. Manages and schedules labor, equipment and material to accomplish production schedules and established budgets.
- Develop and accurately maintain budgets for all assigned departmental responsibilities. Must have a good understanding of modern business practices and procedures, business letter writing and elements of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, punctuation and mathematics. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is desired. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships with others is a must.
- Coordinates the procurement and scheduled use of resources, including labor, equipment and materials to ensure maximum use and completion of work within budget, safety guidelines and quality standards. Includes managing pest control, estimating costs and negotiating prices for plants, equipment, and outside service contracts.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
This position requires the following education and experience, or an equivalent combination of both:
- Associates degree/ vocational or technical school
- Field of study- Landscaping, Horticulture or a related field
- 6-8 Years’ Work-related experience required
- More than 5 years' experience successfully managing a large and diverse workforce in landscape maintenance, construction, aquatic facility maintenance and construction for water parks and natural lakes and streams, or a closely related field.
- Responsible for directing other employees' daily work activities and to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews.
- Regularly uses moderately complex oral and written skills. May train others in functional area and interact with others across the company and/or externally. May make presentations to department or middle management.
- Broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices with ability to use in complex,
- Regular contact with others both inside and outside the company. Results have significant broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments
- Decisions have major implications on the management and operations of an area within a department. Job may contribute to important strategy, operational and business decisions that affect the department.
- Problems are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents and practices.
- Assists in planning, monitoring, and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Specific physical and / or environmental demands are an essential part of the job
License, Certification or Other
- CA Driver's License
- Cat. B Qualified Applicator Certificate, California Dept. of Pesticide Regulation
Additional Certification: Arborist Preferred