Buena Park, California
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID19096
Performs, installs, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, furnaces, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers, humidifiers, capacity controls, semi-hermetic compressors, split systems, flame safeguard controls, air compressors, air driers, and packaged units.
Salary Details: $35.44/hr. - $44.30/hr., based on experience.
- Repairs and maintains ice machines and ice-making equipment.
- Assists in the maintenance of various other equipment, such as food preparation equipment; on an as-needed or as-assigned basis.
- HVAC Technician must be able to install, repair, adjust, maintain, retrofit and troubleshoot refrigerant controls, compressors, heat pumps, split systems, ductless splits, packaged units, electric motors, motor controls, commercial furnaces and related controls, water pumps, exhaust fans, unit heaters, economizers, humidifiers, capacity controls, sizes of air compressors and air dryers and related accessories and controls, chillers, (reciprocating, screw and centrifugal), cooling towers, automation control systems and all types of glycol systems. Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all work performed.
- Maintains all required EPA documentation and follows all EPA and AQMD rules when working with refrigerants, oils, and other regulated chemicals.
- Repairs and maintains various types of walk-in and reach-in coolers and freezers throughout the facility.
This position requires the following education and experience, or an equivalent combination of both:
- Associates degree/ vocational or technical school
- Field of study: Refrigeration or HVAC
- 4-6 Years’ Work-related experience required
At least 2 years' experience with the repair and maintenance of commercial air conditioning or refrigeration systems.
Demonstrable familiarity with EPA refrigeration regulations and requirements. EPA universal refrigerant license needed.
Documented experience with a variety of different refrigerants and equipment, including experience with both chilled-water and direct-expansion systems.
Knowledge of building and structural ventilation systems.
Fully understand and mastered the refrigeration cycles to include: identifying components in advanced refrigeration circuits, understanding how each component works, diagnosing and correcting problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshoot.
Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging, understands the installation and sizing of refrigerant piping.
Fully understands and has mastered the fundamentals of temperature and humidity measurement and control in air conditioning units. Understands the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, cleanliness and distribution. Ability to use a psychometric chart to determine the results of mixing air having various properties.
Proven experience in all types of HVAC systems and how each component within the system operates in conjunction with the other components and how that impacts the overall operations of the system. These systems include but are not limited to air cooled, water cooled, hot water systems, chilled water systems, VAV systems, steam heating systems and building-automation control systems.
License, Certification or Other
- CA Driver's License
- EPA 608 certification for handling and evacuating refrigerants