Buena Park, California
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID19455
Responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and wastewater disposal in the amusement and water park. Maintains boilers, bathrooms, sinks, kitchen equipment, drains, lift stations, grease traps and other related equipment as required to support a large amusement facility.
Salary Details (based on experience):
Level 1: $28.64/hr. - $36.20/hr.
Level 2: $32.22/hr. - $40.43/hr.
- Unclog drains safely and without causing damage to company property. Ensure the steam plant (boiler) is providing necessary steam to food preparation locations.
- Determine water supply networks and waste drainage systems. Ensure systems meet all standards of building and safety codes. Perform scheduled maintenance on equipment and machinery as required.
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing systems including water, gas, and air lines, gas and electric water heaters, stoves, ovens, fryers and ranges.
- Maintain potable water system by AWWA standards.
- Cut openings in structures in preparation for pipes.
- Repair and maintain water treatment equipment.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and at specified grade.
- Other duties as needed.
- High school diploma / GED required.
- Vocational / technical training in commercial plumbing preferred.
- At least 4-6 years of relevant work experience.
- At least 5 years experience in commercial plumbing in a food service or industrial setting.
- Familiarity with the safe and effective use of hand tools such as hammers, wrenches, torches, etc.
- Familiarity with the safe and effective use of power tools commonly used for plumbing including pipe threaders, pipe benders, power saws, cutoff saws, etc.
- Ability to properly solder and sweat pipe using a hand torch.
- Ability to properly solvent weld PVC and other polymer pipe and tubing.
- Ability to work safely and effectively in confined spaces, following all OSHA, State, and company policies.