Buena Park, California
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID19060
The Ride Electrician performs inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and annual rehabilitation of a variety of different amusement rides and attractions. Areas of responsibility include (but are not limited to) maintenance of: AC & DC motors, soft starts, PLC’s, sensors, switches, and dealing with voltages up to 480V. This position also assists Ride Maintenance Technicians as required. Climbing and working safely at heights is an essential part of this job.
Hourly Pay Rate: $32.22/hr. - $40.43/hr. The base pay rate offered is based on job-related experience, knowledge and skills, among other factors.
Standard benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, 401K, profit sharing, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, rebuilds and inspects ride electrical systems and components for proper operation according to Knott’s Berry Farm standards and policies. Assists in troubleshooting and maintaining mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Inspects and evaluates rides for proper function, detects and investigates any malfunctions or irregularities and notifies supervisor of any safety concerns. Troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs malfunctions using electrical schematic charts, computers, programmable logic controllers, test equipment and meters. Responsible for completing required documentation on check-outs, preventive maintenance, updates/changes, etc.
- Receives and reviews various records and reports including ride manuals and updates, ride electrical programs and diagrams, technical manuals, computer manuals, operating schedules, check-out sheets, work orders, vehicle maintenance check sheets, operational downtime sheets, material safety data sheets, etc.
- Ensures rides are maintained according to manufacturers and Knott’s Berry Farm guidelines to ensure the safety of ride operation and guests.
- Responsible for preventive and corrective maintenance for individual or groups of attractions rides and other equipment typically utilized in theme park attractions including but not limited to: troubleshooting and repair of mechanical systems, animation and special effects.
- Respond to downtime, repair and ride recovery issues.
- Diagnose system failures and provide immediate and long-term correction action. Researches defective mechanically-controlled items/parts and instructional information to complete the repair process when needed. Systems may include relay logic, PLC logic or a combination of both. Mostly Rockwell, but some Siemens and others.
- Troubleshoot by referring to technical manuals and technical library while utilizing a systematic approach.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work with 480V 3 phase motor control systems, including autotransformer, AC frequency, DC and soft starts
- Input in log books: completion of inspections, corrective action and/or repairs made, and lists applicable parts used.
- Support Ride Maintenance Technicians on repairs to rides, vehicles and/or show equipment.
- Consistently practice safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, safe lifting practices and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Keep all records up to date and current in an accessible, organized fashion. (i.e. logbooks, inspection forms, etc.)
- Ensure that rides are clean and visually in compliance with manufacturer’s specifications, guest and Knott’s Berry Farm expectations.
- Clean maintenance shops, including but not limited to stations, equipment, and tools.
High School diploma/GED
Some College, Electronics, control systems, electrical or related field
Five (5) or more years combined educational and work experience in troubleshooting and repair of complex electro-mechanical systems as well as hydraulic and pneumatic systems required.
At Least 18 years or over
Qualifications:Working knowledge of the proper utilization and care of hand and power tools and maintenance equipment.
- Experience with logic systems including relay and (plc) programmable logic control.
- Experience with drives, including AC frequency and DC drives.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to read/write, comprehend instructions and communicate in English.
- Ability to work safely and effectively while elevated on ladders, platforms, or other structures at heights up to 320 feet above ground.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs. Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.