Security Officer (Part Time)
Buena Park, California
Job Category: Security & Loss PreventionReq ID19075
$18.50 / hour
This position is responsible for enforcing California State law and Cedar Fair policies. This may be done while being positioned at a booth, working a foot patrol inside the park, or patrolling in a motor vehicle in the parking lots. An employee in this position may be required to document incidents in a report or testify in court. Guest Service is a high priority in this position.
*Valid Guard Card is required*
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding job? Interested in meeting people from all over and gaining skills that will last a lifetime? Then Knott’s Berry Farm is the place for you!
Working at Knott’s Berry Farm, you will have access to these amazing perks:
- Complimentary admission to Knott’s Berry Farm and all Cedar Fair parks
- Earn complimentary tickets for your friends and family
- Discounts at stores
- Discounts on food
- Special events for associates only
- Building lifelong friendships
- Resume building skills
- Flexible schedule
- Employee recognition programs
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to work with potentially unpleasant situations including blood, vomit, and other similar bodily functions/fluids.
- Ability to work with persons(s) disgruntled or agitated, in potential hostile and physical situations.
- Provide coverage of fixed security booths.
- Report all unsafe safety conditions to supervision.
- Ability to work with employees, contractors, vendors and guests in a positive, productive and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain composure during high pressure siuations.
- Ability to safely and effectively use a variety of security related equipment including two‑way radios, handcuffs, flash lights, and pepper spray.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
High School Diploma or GED
6 Mos ‑ 1 Year Related Experience
At Least 18 Years of Age
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Current California Guard Card.