Video Specialist Entertainment Tech 2
Buena Park, California
Job Category: Entertainment TechReq ID19033
$24.76 / hour
The Video Specialist has advanced knowledge of entertainment video equipment. Their in-depth video skills are utilized to make magic come to life for the enjoyment of our guests. This position will also be required to lead small teams and mentor technicians for growth.
- Operates and maintains theatrical video equipment such as televisions, projectors, cameras, media players, media servers, video software, video switchers/routers and network switches.
- Lead technical crews that Constructs, installs, operates, strikes, and/or video equipment and any other technical equipment as needed.
- Assist leadership in developing department training and safety programs as well as documentation of policies and procedures. Recommends policy and procedure changes for their department and assigned projects(s).
- Read, understand, develop and implement plans and blueprints. Translate plans and designers’ concepts into a functional video system.
- Ability to assemble and install video systems/structures/infrastructure with minimal supervision.
- Research and recommend tools and equipment to complete / operate assigned projects. Troubleshoot and repair a variety of basic issues and equipment during day-to-day operations.
- Safely coordinate, setup, operate, maintain and strike video show elements as needed for the park’s live shows and events.
This position requires the following education and experience, or an equivalent combination of both:
High school diploma / GED
College Prep- Field of Study Technical Theater
Vocational / technical training- Preferred
Responsible for directing or overseeing other employees' daily work activities but is not responsible for undertaking or recommending the
following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews.
- Occasional use of oral and written skills. May explain and offer guidance on routine procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with ability to use in varied situations.
- Has some contact with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to give or obtain information or deliver service.
Problems are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents
Dante Level 2 Certification
Q-Sys Level 2 Certificate