Entertainment A/V & Stage Technicians
Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Category: Entertainment TechReq ID18731
Carowinds is looking for sound and lighting techs to ensure the smooth operation of park shows and events. Even if it's not your area of expertise, you'll gain experience by working with the entire team to set up lights, staging, sets, sound, video and special efffects.
APPLY NOW if any of the following describe you.
- Audio technicians with live mixing experience
- General technicians and stagehands with rigging experience
- Follow spot technicians willing to learn advanced lighting
- Head lighting technicians with automated lighting experience and supervisory skills
- Dedicated audio technicians with automated lighting experience
- Dedicated lighting technician with LED and automated lighting experience
- Installs and operates and performs preventative maintenance on show production technical equipment, including sets, lights, sounds, video elements, costumes and/or makeup.
- Construct and install new show product in manner consistent with the artistic vision of park management, show producers and designers.
- Assists with load in and load out of shows, events, SCarowinds Halloween Haunt and other park activities and productions.
- Prepares facilities for daily activities, ie. Rehearsals, clean ups, maintenance calls, shows, special events, etc.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
You can also email@example.com for more information.
Some of our amazing perks and benefits:
- FREE admission to Carowinds and other Cedar Fair parks!
- FREE tickets for friends and family!
- 10% discounts on food and 20% discounts on merchandise!
- Work with people from here, near, and from all over the world!
- Exclusive associate-only events!
Apply now if you're looking for a rewarding job that's also FUN! Carowinds offers convenient hours for high school or college students, retirees, or anyone seeking an awesome part-time opportunity. Our jobs can lead to a successful future by developing resume-building skills as well as gaining knowledge through training and work experience.
Positions are currently available for those who are 16 or older.
We are here to make people happy!! Carowinds associates are enthusiastic about their work because they create fun and memories to last lifetime! They are crucial to providing guests with a variety of engaging activities that reflect and uphold our core values of Integrity, Courtesy, and Inclusiveness.
- Valid Driver's License
- Technical theater general knowledge
- ETC NET3 and show control experience a plus
- Qsys experience a plus
- Previous productions in a fully equipped theater, or similar experience preferred.
- People who love helping others and will support the needs of our guests and associates.
- Good judgement and a commitment to safety.
- Ability to work and interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Individuals with a passion and excitement about Carowinds.
- Availability to include some weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.