Food and Beverage Department Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Category: Food & BeverageReq ID19289
Under limited supervision, plans, directs and oversees assigned food and beverage operations within the Park which may include restaurants, portable operations, catering and special events. Works to ensure guest satisfaction, product quality and departmental profit objectives are achieved. Manages and supervises the work of seasonal associates to achieve departmental service, product and financial goals. Performs related administrative, supervisory, analytical and professional tasks as required.
- Ensure all duties in assigned locations are performed in a safe manner, takes actions to ensure food quality guidelines are met. Guest service and monitors financial performance of assigned locations and adjusts operations and processes when necessary to ensure financial targets are achieved, including revenue performance, cost of sales and seasonal labor expense objectives.
- Supervises the duties of seasonal staff including training, assigning, reviewing and planning, establishing and maintaining standards, coordinating activities, allocating personnel, conducting performance appraisals and recommending and/or approving associate promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Manages compliance with all local, state and federal laws. Implements new or improved quality control standards for foods by location and performs quarterly inspections to ensure compliance. Reviews department policies and procedures on an on-going basis, making specific recommendations to improve service and efficiency.
- Communicates division status on an on-going basis, including operational issues, associate concerns, guest complaints, special requests, losses, and provides any other relevant or appropriate reports to ensure maximum quality and operational needs are met.
- Adheres to and enforce all Carowinds policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrate a commitment to guest service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Three to five years of Themed amusement park or sports venue experience is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Catering operations is preferred.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all and promotes positive relations through an environment that encourages open communications, trust, and mutual respect.
- Demonstrated food service acumen to include institutional food service experience, knowledge of food production, sanitation, supervision, strong organizational skills, strong financial analysis and basic accounting.
- Knowledge of North Carolina and South Carolina Health and Safety Code/Regulations; ServSafe Certified, instructor certification preferred.
- Ability to drive/impact sales positively through upselling, service initiatives etc.
- Strong inventory management/food ordering background
- Knowledge of all aspects of food operation, service and quality; menu development; labor and food cost controls; plus excellent management skills; ability to train and interact with service staff, guest service and maintaining safe and effective operations.
- Understanding of federal, state and local labor laws.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to pass a mandatory or random drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Driver’s license required.