Regional Sales Representative - Charlotte
Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Category: Group SalesReq ID19053
Cedar Fair is seeking a Sales Representative at our Carowinds location. This position is responsible for developing, managing, and increasing sales within an assigned geographic territory or business segment. This position is expected to meet or exceed specific attendance and revenue goals as prescribed by the Corporate Sales Incentive Plan. Sales Representatives spend a minimum of 50% of work time prospecting for sales opportunities both in person and by phone. Must possess strong intrapersonal skills and exceptional guest service. Tasks may be assigned by the Management Leaders of Group Sales.
- Prospects, develops and sells to new accounts within assigned geographic territory or business segment through in-person sales and service calls.
- Supports and manages existing business accounts and clients by offering superior customer service and follow through for events.
- Performs other administrative work that furthers individual outside sales efforts including data entry into CRM for accurate business and client data. Follow-up communication via telephone and written, planning and preparing for outside sales calls, preparing and analyzing sales reports, preparing proposals and contracts.
- Recommends new or different programs to meet the needs of each client including new catering options, ticket programs, or other revenue streams to meet the wishes of the client.
- Acts as department representative for catered events for specific assigned duty days. Participates in all Sales and Marketing meetings and activities as required.
- Attends Trade Shows and Networking events to represent the company and establish or grow network of sales opportunities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-4 years’ work-related experience required.
- Travel Required: Yes. 50% of the time.
- Microsoft Suite, excellent verbal and written skills, excellent math skills. Experience using some type of CRM database for client management.
- Sales, and negotiation skills. Ticketing or entertainment venue knowledge.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.