Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Category: Health & SafetyReq ID18803
Manages the park's daily risk exposure in the areas of fire protection/prevention, safety, first aid, workers' compensation claims, and liability claims. Ensures compliance with all safety laws, rules, and OSHA and environmental regulations. Develops and implements safety programs that are meant to prevent injuries, fires, or other workplace accidents. Investigates incidents or accidents, gathers and analyzes statistics and makes recommendation for improvements. Prepares and submits accident reports in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Oversees all phases of the park’s safety operation, including fire prevention and protection, safety, first aid, environmental issues. Covers shifts as park Safety Officer of the Day Program (SOD), as scheduled. Provide recommendations for improvements based on incident and injury trends.
- Oversees supervision of subordinate safety personnel, which includes instructing, assigning, reviewing, and delegating while maintaining standards, coordinating activities, assisting in recruiting and selection of new associates, mediating guest and associate concerns, implementing employee promotions or transfers and recommending discharge.
- Coaches, mentors, and leads the Safety Department staff. Addresses and resolves applicable questions, concerns, and situations. Determines action required for discrepancies regarding compliance and adherence to park and government regulations and laws. Coordinates with Director of Safety and Security on recommended action steps.
- Assists Director of Safety & Security in overseeing the park-wide safety plan; including OSHA compliance, facility safety inspection and corrective action programs, OSHA recordkeeping, and park-wide safety training programs. Assists in the development and implementation of park safety standard operating guidelines.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other park management staff and employees, subordinates, corporate personnel, guests, vendors, emergency response personnel, law enforcement personnel, hospital / health care personnel, insurance representatives, auditors, inspectors, etc. Collaborates with these individuals during emergency response situations.
- Assists in coordinating safety and emergency protocols with local emergency response agencies. When assigned SOD responsibilities, acts as coordinator for all daily activities of the department within the park. Responsible for being a liaison between safety and other departmental management, which may include responding to after-hour emergencies and incidents.
- Oversees the management of all claims regarding Worker’s Compensation. Ensures all related documentation is submitted and conducts necessary claim investigations
- Bachelors Degree required in related field (ie Environmental and Occupational Health, Safety Engineering, etc)
- 5 years of experience required in related field
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations of environmental protection, safety issues and occupational health; working knowledge of building and fire codes, AQMD rules and OSHA regulations.
- Claims administrator experience a plus.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provinciallaw.
EMS Certification- Preferred