SpringHill Suites Houseman - Part Time
Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Category: Hotel OperationsReq ID18914
$15 / hour
The Houseman requires an approachable, friendly and polished demeanor with a guest focus mindset. As Houseman you will create a warm & welcome atmosphere throughout the hotel by maintaining clean and safe public spaces and delivering guest request. You will support the Housekeeping and Laundry Team and stay in good with all other departments to ensure the guest are well cared for and have a memorable stay experience while visiting the Carolinas! You'll also:
- Perform routine troubleshooting for in-room issues and accommodate guest request
- Take immediate and necessary steps to correct any safety hazards and cleanliness issues according to brand standard and hotel policy
- Maintain cleanliness of lobby, meeting room, restrooms, fitness center and all public spaces throughout shift (Sweep, mop, vacuum lobby, empty all trash cans)
- Organize patio/pool deck furniture, set or remove cushions based on weather, empty trash
- Walk the parking lot and maintain clean and safe grounds
- Assist in guest room preventative maintenance program
- Complete trash and linen runs for the Room Attendants
- Stock and organize supplies & assist with inventory control
Some of our amazing perks and benefits:
- FREE admission to Carowinds and other Cedar Fair parks!
- FREE tickets for friends and family!
- 10% discounts on food and 20% discounts on merchandise!
- Work with people from here, near, and from all over the world!
- Exclusive associate-only events!
Apply now if you're looking for a rewarding job that's also FUN! Carowinds offers convenient hours for college students, retirees, or anyone seeking an awesome part-time opportunity. Our jobs can lead to a successful future by developing resume-building skills as well as gaining knowledge through training and work experience.
Positions are currently available for those who are 18 or older.
We are here to make people happy!! Carowinds associates are enthusiastic about their work because they create fun and memories to last lifetime! They are crucial to providing guests with a variety of engaging activities that reflect and uphold our core values of Integrity, Courtesy, and Inclusiveness.
- Previous hotel experience preferred, housekeeping or janitorial experience a plus
- Previous Marriott experience a plus
- Must have great people skills and spirit to serve
- Able to be on your feet for an 8 hour shift
- Ability to perform physical and repetitious tasks including pushing, pulling, lifting and gripping
- People who love helping others and will support the needs of our guests and associates
- Good judgement and a commitment to safety
- Ability to work and interact with people from diverse backgrounds
- Individuals with a passion and excitement about Carowinds
- Availability to include some weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays