Job Category: Entertainment TechReq ID17971
Kings Dominion Live Entertainment is looking talented, creative individuals for our in-park installation team. If you are a creative individual that would like to join the team responsible for making Halloween Haunt, WinterFest, and our other seasonal events a reality! Skills may include scenic and prop design, prop making, and basic painting.
- Participates in Installation and Removal of event Décor, scenery, props, and facades
- Maintains Entertainment facilities and equipment.
- Operates Heavy Equipment such as Forklifts, Tele-Handlers, High Reach Boom Lifts, and other aerial work platforms
- Assists in the creation and installation of show stages, sets, and props
- Creating and setting up décor in a consistent manner with the mindset of creating an
- immersive environment
- Works well individually or with a team.
- Adapting and learning new techniques while on the job.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving direction
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Associate Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures
- Resume with above experience preferred
Must be at least 18 years of age or older
Enjoy decorating for the holidays and special events
Be creative with a flair for decorating and design
Ability to work various shifts/days.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law