Food Equipment Technician
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID 21310
Kings Dominion is hiring a Food Equipment Mechanic. This position would be repsonsible for installing, monitoring, maintaining and repairing cooking equipment throughout the Park. This is a Full-Time positions that offers a benefits package and other various peks.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains a wide variety of commercial restaurant and food preparation equipment such as mixers, slicers, blenders, etc.
- Repairs and maintains commercial ice makers and ice dispensers.
- Repairs and maintains commercial dishwashing equipment.
- Repairs and maintains gas and electric grills, ovens, stoves, and ranges.
- Repairs and maintains commercial soft‑serve ice cream machines.
- Repairs and maintains commercial gas and electric fryers.
- Repairs and maintains commercial freezers, coolers, cold tables, and refrigerated display cases.
- Orders and maintains a stock of repair parts as required to facilitate timely repair of kitchen equipment.
- Maintains all assigned equipment in a safe and functional condition at all times.
- Installs a wide variety of commercial food preparation serving equipment.
- Completes a variety of maintenance related paperwork, including daily logs, work orders, requisitions, and quotes.
- Provides technical specifications for the purchase of new and replacement commercial kitchen equipment.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures related to the operation of all kitchen equipment and tools.
- Communitcates the status of all kitchen equipment and components in both verbal and written formats to Maintenance and Foods management.
- Reads and interprets equipment schematics for commercial ktichen and serving equipment.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience related to food equipment maintenance
- General understanding of HVAC and AC&R
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of electrical field and tools required.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Valid Driver's License