Job Category: Information TechnologyReq ID18962
Cedar Fair is seeking a Systems Engineer at either our Kings Dominion or Valleyfair location. The Systems Engineer will perform a wide range of technical and project management duties associated with the support of company networks and systems. This is a highly technical and professional position. It is distinguished by the requirement to demonstrate expertise in project management, network design, implementation, security maintenance, support and overall knowledge of Client/Server, network, hardware, database and software integrations.
- Monitor use of systems or applications to ensure efficient utilization. Identifies inadequate or inefficient systems, bottlenecks, performance problems and suggests alternatives to reduce costs or increase efficiencies.
- Creates and maintains documentation on systems, process flows. Develops daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual audits, checklists and preventive measures as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot and support Microsoft Technologies including network communications both on-premises and within Azure and Office 365.
- Communicate effectively with diverse teams across the company, internal divisions and external vendors on support updates, and project planning.
- Provides project costs, design concepts or changes. Evaluate current or emerging technologies and use independent judgment to recommend solutions based on factors like cost, complexity, time and overall efficiency value to the company.
- Collaborate with other engineers, system administrators, software developers, users and management to select appropriate design solutions to ensure the compatibility of system components and enhanced efficiency.
- Provide engineering support to the IT teams at all of our other parks.
- Associate's degree, vocational or technical school required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 4-6 years work-related experience required.
- Microsoft Technologies to include Active Directory, SQL, Client/Server, GPO, PowerShell, Office 365.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.