Accountant II- Regional Financial Accounting
Kansas City, Missouri
Job Category: Accounting/FinanceReq ID18905
Cedar Fair is seeking an Accountant II – Regional Financial Accounting at our Worlds of Fun location. The Accountant II – Regional Financial Accounting will be responsible for carrying out the financial accounting activities of the company as developed by the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO), Controller and Corporate Directors – Regional Financial Accounting. Responsibilities include assisting with the execution of policies and procedures required to maintain compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as well as assisting with the preparation of financial statements with a focus on ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of reporting.
The Accountant II – Regional Financial Accounting will assist with managing local financial accounting support staff. This full-time position will report to regional leadership, either the Corporate Supervisor – Regional Financial Accounting and/or the Corporate Manager – Regional Financial Accounting and will be an integral component of the Shared Accounting Services environment.
Cedar Fair, a leader in the amusement park and hospitality business, offers challenging and rewarding career opportunities. Joining our Shared Accounting Services (SAS) team not only offers the unique opportunity to become part of a well-respected, financially stable entertainment industry leader with a 150-year heritage of
creating lifelong memories, but also presents you with a chance to advance your career in the exciting consumer services sector!
Cedar Fair offers competitive compensation packages that include bonus programs and comprehensive benefit plans with healthcare/dental/vision, paid vacation/sick time, paid holidays, 401k program, and complimentary season passes to create your own memories at all 15 parks owned and operated by Cedar Fair.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial accounting entries for assigned regional properties to ensure timely period closing schedules are maintained.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations as assigned by the Corporate Manager – Regional Financial Accounting.
- Partner with other shared service functions to ensure transactions posted are accurate and timely.
- Build relationships and liaison with park operating associates to ensure operational activity is accurately reflected in the financial statements.
- Follow and enforce compliance of professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with GAAP.
- Follow and ensure that the internal control processes, policies, and procedures are strictly adhered to by company associates.
- Provide accounting information and documentation to internal and external auditors as requested.
- Assist in hiring and/or training of seasonal and part-time financial accounting staff.
- Assist in developing all shared accounting services team members, provide ongoing training and maintain strong associate relationships.
- Adhere to and enforce all Cedar Fair policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and will demonstrate commitment to Cedar Fair core values and Cedar Fair cornerstones.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 2+ years public accounting experience, combined public accounting & industry experience, or progressive industry experience.
- Previous experience with Oracle based products, including JD Edwards and/or Essbase is a plus.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook (MicroSoft Suite) and pdf (Adobe Acrobat).
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills and able to work effectively independently and collaboratively in a team setting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and time management skills.
- Confidence to ask questions and get clarification, display a positive attitude, and have a strong work ethic.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the capability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Dependable, honest and exhibits integrity.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.