Kansas City, Missouri
Job Category: Accounting/FinanceReq ID19129
Cedar Fair is seeking a Shared Accounting Services (SAS) Intern at our Worlds of Fun location for the Fall semester. The SAS Intern will be an immersive learning experience in accounting, treasury and business administration. This is a 10-week (or more) seasonal opportunity to gain experience in accounting disciplines where the learnings will enhance educational growth and/or future job opportunities. The SAS Associate will report directly to full-time members within the SAS team.
- SAS interns will devote 75-80% of time in discipline where hired (one of these: Accounting Information Systems (AIS), Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Quality Assurance, Financial Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Operational Accounting, Revenue Accounting, or Timekeeping and Compliance (TAC)).
- SAS interns will participate in workshops 20-25% of time building a comprehensive knowledge of shared accounting services (Accounting Information Services (AIS), Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Quality Assurance, Financial Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Operational Accounting, Payroll, Revenue Accounting, Tax, Timekeeping and Compliance, Treasury) and general business practices within Cedar Fair.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 0-2 years work-related experience required.
- Person must be detail-oriented and be a team player.
- Current enrollment or pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Ability to commit to minimum 13 week intern program.
- For consideration to work with the AIS team, enrollment in Information Technology is also preferred. For consideration to work with the Financial Planning and Analysis team, enrollment in Analytics is also preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License