Shared Accounting Services (Intern) Revenue Accounting
Job Category: Accounting/FinanceReq ID 20885
Cedar Fair is seeking a Shared Accounting Services (Intern) Revenue Accounting at our Kings Island location. The SAS Associate is part of a team responsible for ensuring functions of Revenue Accounting are completed timely, consistently, and accurately. This is a seasonal opportunity to gain experience in accounting disciplines where the learnings may enhance educational growth and/or future job opportunities. The SAS Associate will report directly to full-time members within the SAS team.
The SAS Associate will be asked to commit to a minimum of thirteen (13) weeks in this Intern position. Preferred candidates should be currently enrolled in an associate or bachelor’s degree program to join the SAS team. The SAS Intern will be immersed in day-to-day work activity in the Revenue Accounting discipline over the term of the internship AND will attend weekly half-day or full-day workshops with leaders in other accounting and business administrative disciplines to develop a comprehensive knowledge of accounting, finance, and general business practices within Cedar Fair.
• Complete the daily operations processes, accounting for revenue by importing financial data between systems, researching/fixing errors, entering any approved manual information and compiling reports for distribution to managers.
• Generate a daily Over/Short Report to communicate revenue variances with operating department leaders.
• Assist in the reconciliation of deferred revenue accounts and other accounts as requested.
• Review and complete adjustments identified by the daily credit card reconciliation.
• Participate in planning, organizing, and implementing streamlined process and policy changes.
• Attend weekly educational workshops, collaborate with other interns on projects, and occasionally assist in facilitation of virtual meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma/GED. Current enrollment or pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration (or equivalent) is preferred.
• 0-2 years work-related experience required.
• Person must be detail-oriented and be a team player.
• Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
• Must possess a valid Driver's License.