Area Mgr Rides & Admissions
Job Category: Admissions/Guest ServicesReq ID 20163
Responsible for assisting with the safe and efficient operations of admissions and the ride's department.
- Assist with the hiring of entry level associates for area of resonsibility to ensure locations are staffed appropriately for optimal efficiency and guest service. Allocate labor resources appropriately to the department, and based on associate availability and staffing needs, including adjusting in the moment and sharing with other departments. Assist with the coordination of the scheduling, time keepinng, transferring of time and payroll for associates in the department.
- Assist the department managers with updating, planning, and delivering a comprehensive training program for the department, including new hire orientation, RAP, specialized training, targeted retraining, and leadership training.
- Through walking and climbing along all areas of each ride, monitors the operation of all park rides through visual and auditory observations to ensure safe and proper operation. Communicates concerns and needs to subordinate and other departments through verbal and written communication.
- Assist with managing the operation of the Admissions Department and associated locations to maximize guest satisfaction with our entry experience. Maintain a safe and clean work environment for associates and guests.
- Assists with preparing annual department operating budget. Monitors expenses and takes appropriate action if necessary. Closely examines all department operating areas to ensure proper labor staffing levels and to track and account for variances.
- Assists with planning operation and analyzing processes in the spirit of continuous improvement, including evaluating existing practices for guests and associates and making recommended adjustments. Contribute regular feedback to management, finance, and marketing on the ticketing and the entry experience toward the goal of maximizing the guest experience.
- Ensures that all standard operating procedures are followed during a ride breakdown or emergency situations to ensure the safety of all guests and employees. Help maintain the integrity of operations through regular reporting and auditing – including spot checking of items such as Fast Lane and Parking ReadyCard Daily Reconciliation logs.
- Manage guest relations resulting from escalated admission and ticketing concerns by accommodating guests to resolve issues in a manner that withholds our Cedar Fair values of guest service.
- Responds to the requests of the Vice President/General Manager, Director of park Operations, and the Admissions and Guests Services Manager as assigned.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be highly detail-oriented and able to take initiative, anticipate next steps, and offer thoughtful recommendations of possible solutions.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be friendly and outgoing with a high customer service acumen.
- Must be honest, reliable, cooperative, personable, and knowledgeable.