Event Services Intern - Spring/Summer
New Braunfels, Texas
Job Category: AdministrationReq ID19363
$16.00 / Hour
18+ earns $16.00/ hour.
Joining our Schlitterbahn team means you’ll assistthe Events team in administrative functions related to coordinating events and supporting group clients.
- Attends catered and non-catered events to act as the liaison for the Event Service Department between the client and departments. This includes answering questions, providing solutions, and communicating effectively to ensure the event is successful for all attendees.
- Plans and implements arrangements for all Event Services events. This includes inputting park tickets and/or catering, creation, and dissemination of paperwork to clients and park staff, attending events, and evaluation of events upon completion.
- Directly impacts Events success ratio through consistent and timely coordination. Tracks assigned events, ticket orders and fulfillment. Ensures all orders are processed efficiently and in a professional manner. Provides successful client/guest service to support Event Services team goals.
- Assists with completing paperwork and data entry pertaining to pre-planning of events & group outings, confirming all information is accurate.
- Prepares all paperwork and materials required prior to the start of events and completes a checklist on-site to verify readiness for the event.
- Communicates directly with clients to provide detailed information regarding their upcoming event.
- Communicates accurate and timely information to various park staff to ensure arrangements are conducted to meet/exceed clients’ expectations. Acts as a liaison between clients, events staff, and park departments involved with group events.
- Responsible for assisting with the reconciliation of account balances for all events and programs. Ensures catering invoices are accurate prior to the client’s receipt. Works with accounting to ensure proper billing for all catered events.
- Assist with planning, coordination, and on-site execution and operations for all special interest group events and youth programs such as Music in the Park.
- Attends meetings and conferences as required or appropriate.
- Assists with special projects or assignments directed by the Manager.
- Ensure required staff and materials are available and prepared for events or activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with departments to ensure the success of events.
- Assist with the communication of events to Associates and building hype/interest levels.
- Manage events and potential problems that may arise.
- Evaluate the success of each activity, event, or outing and opportunities for improvement in the future.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Some of our amazing perks and benefits:
- FREE Uniforms!
- FREE Admission to any of our Cedar Fair parks!
- FREE tickets for friends and family!
- 25% discounts on Food and 25% discounts on Merchandise!
- Work with people from here, near, and from all over the world!
- Other FREE local attraction tickets and discounts!
- Employee-only RIDE nights, Employee Exclusive Café, Bragging Rights from working at a Waterpark!
- Numerous promotion opportunities!
- Paid Training!
Cedar Fair is home to 13 unique and exciting properties, come join our world class teams in Texas! Schlitterbahn provides 3000+ opportunities for fun and safe employment, and we want YOU to join us in making people happy as we head into our next season! As a member of our team, you’ll…
- Make our guests happy by delivering amazing experiences and helping them create lifelong memories.
- Interact with different people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Gain skills, knowledge and experience that will benefit your future
- People who love helping others and will support the needs of our guests and associates.
- Good judgement and a commitment to safety.
- Ability to work and interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Individuals with a passion and excitement about Schlitterbahn
- Availability to include some weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays