Park Maintenance Technician
New Braunfels, Texas
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID19044
The maintenance technician is responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of all park attractions and facilities; this includes basic electrical, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen appliances, pneumatics, and sequence controls. The technician must be capable of working alone to resolve problems that may arise, but also capable of working with other maintenance technicians to complete major repairs in an appropriate time frame. Must be able to work with and around other departments whom may be asking for assistance or conducting work in the same facility. This position reports to the Maintenance Director
- Perform routine inspections for preventative maintenance work orders and complete repairs.
- Be able to conduct repairs for electrical, plumbing, HVAC, restaurant equipment, pumps, pneumatic and electronic animation controls.
- Ability to diagnose improper operation of equipment and devices used exclusively for the department or other department group requests.
- Expected to repair, replace or notify proper department personnel of the required work need to complete the request.
- Follow all company emergency procedures. Ensure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Report all major repairs to Maintenance Manager to schedule workload.
- Provide a safe environment for our guests and other employees. Maintain housekeeping in our equipment locations for safe working conditions.
- All other duties to be assigned
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least two (2) years of maintenance technician experience including Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing and appliance repair knowledge
- Technical training and certification license preferred (i.e.: minimum Journeyman electrician, A/C Tech, journeyman plumber)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid State Driver’s License and provide proof of personal vehicle insurance
- Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, picking, pinching, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motion of the hands, wrists and/or fingers.
- Very heavy work. Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades, tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- Exposure to environmental conditions such as rain, direct/indirect sun and heat for extended periods of time.
- Subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- Subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- Subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- Subject to sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- Subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Subject to atmospheric conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin, such as fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- Frequently in close quarters, costumes, crawl spaces, small enclosed rooms, small sewage and line pipes, and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
- Functioning in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Exposure to multiple, high-stress situation at any given time and must maintain a high level of alertness.