Job Category: Accounting/FinanceReq ID19322
Cedar Fair is seeking an Accountant I – Accounts Payable (AP) at either our corporate office in Charlotte, NC or Sandusky, OH. This role will work in a fast paced and high-volume environment using automated software to process vendor invoices, check requests, expense reports, and purchase card transactions for locations within the United States and Canada to ensure timely disbursements per vendor and per company payment terms. An aptitude for learning and using new software is essential.
The Accountant I - AP reports to the Corporate Supervisor - AP and Corporate Manager - AP. Good communication skills are necessary in working with vendors and Cedar Fair associates.
Cedar Fair, a leader in the amusement park and hospitality business, offers challenging and rewarding career opportunities. Joining our Shared Accounting Services (SAS) team not only offers the unique opportunity to become part of a well-respected, financially stable entertainment industry leader with a 150-year heritage of creating lifelong memories, but also presents you with a chance to advance your career in the exciting consumer services sector! Cedar Fair offers competitive compensation packages that include bonus programs and comprehensive benefit plans with healthcare/dental/vision, paid vacation/sick time, paid holidays, 401k program, and complimentary season passes to create your own memories at all 15 parks owned and operated by Cedar Fair.
- Process multi-company accounts payable records.
- Review electronic invoices for correct vendor information in an automated Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software program.
- Route invoices for approval.
- Review invoices, expense reports, and purchase card transactions for accurate general ledger coding.
- Verify the accuracy of invoices against purchase orders and receivers.
- Determine the correct application of sales and use tax.
- Scan and label documents for permanent record-keeping in electronic imaging software.
- Assist in processing of weekly Check/ACH/Wire payment runs for AP disbursements.
- Set priorities, organize, and accomplish tasks within defined deadlines.
- Assist with internal and external audits as directed.
- Possess ability to calculate, post, and manage vendor account and financial records.
- Research and resolve issues for vendors and associates.
- Coach and assist Cedar Fair associates on accounts payable issues.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Adhere to and enforce all Cedar Fair policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and will demonstrate commitment to Cedar Fair core values and Cedar Fair cornerstones.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum two years combined accounts payable or clerical accounting experience.
- Possess a solid understanding of basic accounting practices and AP principles.
- Experience with ERP software and with Hyland or other automated AP system(s).
- General Sales and Use Tax knowledge is required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook (MicroSoft Suite) and pdf (Adobe Acrobat).
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills and able to work effectively independently and collaboratively in a team setting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and time management skills.
- Confidence to ask questions and get clarification, display a positive attitude, and have a strong work ethic.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the capability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Dependable, honest and exhibits integrity
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.