Area Manager, Marina
Job Category: MarinaReq ID 20898
The Area Manager of Marina Operations is responsible for the day to day operation of the fuel pier, docks, office and Marina Store at Cedar Point. Oversees the day to day operation of the fuel pier and docks at the Cedar Point, Castaway Bay and Sawmill Creek Marinas
- Coordinates the operation of all Marina service areas including Marina Office, Marina Accounts Payable, Marina Store and Fuel Piers.
- Ensure all seasonal Marina staff are hired and scheduled in accordance with approved budget.
- Ensures that seasonal staff is properly trained and ensures they are in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Processes permanent boat license agreements, accounts for dock payments and maintains logs of agreements.
- Reviews accounts periodically to ensure compliance with established policies. Keeps Director apprise of delinquent accounts.
- Responsible for purchasing all resale merchandise for the Marina Store.
- Work with consultant, PASS, to assure fuel pier operations at Cedar Point, Castaway Bay and Sawmill Creek Marinas are in compliance with current regulations.
- Oversees office staff to ensure established office and reservations procedures are followed.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance, and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Vocational/technical training in business is preferred.
- Valid U.S. Driver's License is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in the boating industry required; 3-5 years management experience preferred.
- Willing to work various shifts and days with the ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.