Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID18958
This position is responsible for managing construction projects, primarily capital, but also some maintenance projects that involve outside contractors from approval through completion. Works with architects, engineers, structural, civil, electrical and mechanical; ride manufacturers; city, county and state authorities; fire department; health department; numerous outside contractors and engineers; Cedar Fair Corporate Design team; and all divisions within Cedar Point from establishing project scopes through the completion of the actual construction project. The Construction Manager establishes project budgets through research, estimating and experience and continually updates and modifies budgets and provides financial reports to the Director of Maintenance and Construction, VP of Maintenance and Construction, and the General Manager.
- Prepares annual department budget and monitors on a continual basis. Provides input for developing budgets for future Capital projects and monitors budgets for those projects.
- Compiles, evaluates, negotiates and awards contracts with consultants, contractors and vendors. When bids exceed budget, initiates, executes, and negotiates changes to the scope and design with the design group and contractors bidding the work.
- Creates scopes of work for architects, engineers and contractors for all phases of Capital & EWO projects. Works with architects and engineers during the beginning phase of the project to complete designs according to established drawings completed by Cedar Fair Corporate Design team and outside architects.
- Manages all capital construction projects to be completed according to plans and specifications.
- Manages all projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget. Ensures the availability of all needed materials and equipment for the smooth and efficient completion of all projects.
- Manages all projects to minimize the impact on park operations, and to ensure a safe environment is provided for Cedar Point guests, employees, and contractors.
- Works with hazardous material engineers and contractors on the demolition of required projects to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local requirements.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Construction Administration and Engineering Degree
- 5 - 7 Years related experience in Construction and Project Management
- Driver's License required
- Working knowledge of City, County and State construction and building codes and guidelines
- Proven experience in estimating construction projects and establishing budgets
- At least five years of project superintendent experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CAD
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law