Director, Sawmill Creek Food and Beverage
Job Category: Food & BeverageReq ID19648
The Director of Food and Beverage Operations at Sawmill Creek Resort functions as the primary strategic business leader for all Food and Beverage operations at the resort. Key responsibilities include achieving sales, profitability, safety and quality goals for Sawmill Creek Food & Beverage operations by developing and executing operating strategies, controlling costs, and providing a level of service and quality that consistently exceeds the expectations of our guests. They are also responsible for building and promoting a culture of inclusivity, fairness, and trust within their team. The position includes oversight of all Food and Beverage locations including two full-service restaurants, a buffet restaurant, a quick service restaurant, two satellite bars, room service and all banquet food services within the 35,000 feet of convention/meeting space.
- Provide industry leading, memorable service to all clientele and patrons of Sawmill Creek Resort.
- Build and maintain a welcoming and inclusive environment for both guests and employees alike.
- Oversee the safe execution of operations for all food and beverage business units contributing to the overall production of positive, measurable results.
- Oversee the development and implementation of operating systems and work-flows unique to each business unit that contribute to the overall profitability and success of operation.
- Ensure that all areas are following approved specifications for service, recipes, production, purchasing of products and equipment, training, and all other procedures. Pass and/or take corrective action for all inspections and audits performed by local health authorities and other outside entities.
- Oversee and ensure the development of a cohesive management team.
- Develop and promote a training program that indoctrinates members of management in adhering to company policies and procedures while setting the highest level of performance expectations.
- Ensure all employees are certified in ServSafe Food Handling procedures.
- Ensure all employees responsible for the sale of alcohol receive company training, certify in ServSafe alcohol and adhere to the company’s policies and procedures in regard to the safe service of alcohol.
- Responsible for generating accurate, consistent, and profitable budgets for the business units in the division and training the Managers how to understand, allocate, and execute said budget for their respective areas of responsibility.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of each Manager for their respective location. Develop and set goals for the location and the individual managers.
- Oversee menu development for all food and beverage business units in collaboration with the Executive Chef of Sawmill Creek.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Hospitality Management.
- ServSafe Manager
- ServSafe Alcohol
- Minimum of 5 Years Food & Beverage Industry Related Experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of multi-unit management within the Food & Beverage Industry.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.