Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID 20586
Cedar point has an opening in its Maintenance Division for the position of Laborer. Laborers provide support to all departments throughout the park during the operating season such as keeping the park clean for our guests as an essential priority. This position is responsible for snow removal in the winter season. This is a Union position.
- Operates various type of equipment including forklift, man lifts, front end loader, air compressor, concrete saws and drills.
- Unloads material and equipment for other trades when received.
- Transports trash to landfill.
- Operates sweepers of various sizes to clean parking lots and park areas.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in the Associate Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must join the Laborers Union
- Valid driver's license and CDL required
- Experience operating gradall and forklift
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Ability to work various shifts/days
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law