Manager, Ride Maintenance
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID 20649
The Manager of Ride Maintenance plans, schedules, and manages the mechanical maintenance of rides. Supports and manages mechanical components of capital improvements and new ride installations. Coordinates projects with other park departments and the corporate office as required. Supervises and reviews the work of subordinate, managerial, and support staff. Performs related administrative, managerial, and technical duties as required.
- Develops/implements mechanical maintenance plans, policies and operational functions that clearly define the goals/strategies needed to reach the objectives for Cedar Point and the Ride Maintenance Department. Ensures that maintenance policies and procedures are kept updated and followed. Interfaces with Cedar Point staff in developing sound maintenance strategies that work toward achieving overall Park and Department goals.
- Provides direction/leadership to the Ride Maintenance Area Managers and all associates by implementing department programs, encouraging creativity and inspiring associates to be innovative. Ensures all duties are performed in a safe manner and by established guidelines. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and provides subordinates with necessary information/tools to effectively perform their duties.
- Establishes and maintains a professional, trained and motivated staff through effective implementation of performance and development programs. Selects, trains, directs, schedules, evaluates and disciplines Ride Maintenance staff while maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Maintains liaison with Park departments to ensure maintenance concerns and ride system inefficiencies are identified, solutions are coordinated and implemented. Monitors activities to eliminate where accidents could occur, halting any operation or activity that constitutes an imminent hazard to associates, guests or equipment. Responds and takes appropriate action to resolve concerns and complaints from guests and associate.
- Prepares and manages the operating plan and budget. Monitors and takes action to ensure operation remains within guidelines concerning budget. Keeps director abreast. Prepares accurate cost analysis of projects and forecasts accurate project completion dates. Follows established accounting procedures for documentation of purchases and expenses.
- Manages contracts/contractors for projects to include budgets, schedules and quality product from conceptual phase through completion. Negotiates contracts to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness for the company. Gathers/enters necessary data for submission of required reports, both internal and external, in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates and accompanies representatives of agencies conducting inspections of the facility.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Valid US driver's license
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical maintenance experience as well as supervisory/management experience to include budgeting, scheduling, and managing projects from conception through completion or educational equivalence.
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, UKG, and JDE.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, per company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.