Job Category: Internships/Co-Ops/ApprenticeshipsReq ID19066
The internship program experience combines Cedar Point’s business needs with college level internship requirements. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to grow and learn in the hospitality and amusement park tourism industry through hands-on exposure to day-to-day operational tasks within your assigned Division. You will be responsible for providing excellent guest service and utilizing leadership skills while collaborating on group projects to ensure a successful operation.
Retail Management – Preferred Majors: Business Management, Retail Management, Business, Sales
Interns will manage staff and retail locations. You will gain experience in leadership, scheduling, time management, product fulfillment, visual merchandising, associate motivation, and team development. Previous retail or management experience is required for the position.
Visual Merchandising - Preferred Majors: Fashion Industry Studies, Fashion Merchandising
In this role interns will work closely with buyers and retail managers. A small visual team will work with leadership to ensure that the merchandise is properly displayed and organized, they will also work directly with the warehouse and the data teams running reports and studying sales patterns. Interns will gain experience in setting store and display windows and organizing floor sets. Interns will also gain experience in our full Retail Operations.
Retail Administration Internship - Preferred Majors:Business Management, Retail Management, Business, Human Resources, Communications
Interns will assist in running the administrative side of our Merchandise and Games teams. You will gain experience in payroll, staffing, scheduling, labor tracking, and other associate management functions. Interns may also have a hand in Fast Lane distribution for the park and managing the Ready Credit systems throughout the park. This fast-paced role will interact with both associates, park guests, and upper-level management.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be attending an accredited college or university within the United States
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law