Ride Controls Supervisor
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID 20648
The Rides Control Supervisor at Cedar Point will lead the controls team to maintain and troubleshoot the ride and attraction control systems for Cedar Point, Cedar Point Shores, and Castaway bay. They will continue to evaluate equipment control systems to determine upgrades to rides/attractions based on cost and impact to the financial of the park.
- Leads assigned crew in monitoring, maintenance and repair of ride and attraction control systems. Ensures all documentation is completed fully in a professional and timely manner including preventative maintenance checklists prior to the operation of the ride or attraction. Receives deliveries for their assigned area and ensures the appropriate paperwork is completed following the Cedar Point purchasing process.
- Supervises subordinate crew members with the assistance of the foreperson. Supervisory duties include training, scheduling, instruction, assigning, reviewing and planning work of others, maintaining standards, coordinating activities, allocating personnel, and action on employee problems. Timekeeping of employee schedules with in the Cedar Point timekeeping system.
- Reviews the work of subordinates for effectiveness and efficiency; Establishes and maintains a professional, trained, and motivated staff through effective implementation of performance and development programs. Uses effective communication to ensure all understand the expectations of the department. Utilizes company guidelines to hold those accountable when necessary.
- Analyzes ride/attraction reliability to develop and implement short/long range ride maintenance/repair plans. Assists in monitoring and troubleshooting ride and attraction control systems during the operating season. Keeps manager informed of all reliability concerns. Assists other departments on repairs/maintenance projects as appropriate.
- Ensures the proper maintenance and safe operating condition of all assigned equipment. Conducts safety meetings and safety inspections of equipment. Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns and complaints from associates and guests regarding ride safety and maintenance.
- Hires candidates for open positions to effectively and strategically grow the assigned team. Ensures the new hire has the knowledge and resources to perform their job to the best of their ability.
- Assists manager in preparing department budget. Orders parts and materials as needed, ensuring compliance with the budgetary allocations. Maintains adequate inventory to ensure rapid recovery of ride and attraction shut downs.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate's degree or vocational degree preferred
- Valid US driver's license
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of industrial electrical, hydraulics and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to use meters, gauges, measuring devices, PLC programmingesoftward, and various other hand and power tools.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, per company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.