Sawmill Creek FOH Restaurant Supervisor
Job Category: Food & BeverageReq ID18939
Supervisors are responsible for overseeing restaurant operations which includes training, motivating, evaluating, developing and coaching associates. As a part of the Leadership team, you will be monitoring the business needs for staffing, inventory and cleanliness. Supervisors may occasionally prepare and serve drinks and food items to restaurant guests and operate point of sale computers while providing quality service in a clean, safe atmosphere. Supervisors will be promoting a positive culture for associates and guests with an emphasis on hospitality and customer service.
- Adhere to and ensure grooming guideline requirements are being met.
- Act as liaison for all communication between associates and Management.
- Complete miscellaneous administrative paperwork, maintain accurate records of training paperwork and attendance.
- Interact with and assist associates and guests daily in an outgoing, friendly, versatile, flexible and professional manner; answer questions, ensure quality service and resolve complaints for guests; occasionally take proper payment for food and beverage items using point of sale computers.
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards in accordance with all aspects of the Ohio Health Code and Cedar Point food standards. Review the work of subordinates for effectiveness, make recommendations as appropriate, conduct training as needed; utilize active training techniques to encourage participation, test for understanding and respond appropriately to distractions, disruptions and challenging situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high-volume environment.
- Learns, understands and demonstrates proficiency in operational tasks, service/production flow, equipment cleaning and usage and menu items. Uses clear, concise and specific lines of communication between management and associates.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Basic Food Safety, Alcohol Safety, & Sanitation Training, ServSafe Training and ServSafe Alcohol will be provided to further develop your Leadership skills.
- Ability to comply with all company, divisional and state laws in regard to minor labor laws.
- Ability to demonstrate resort property knowledge and its procedures, specifically the Food & Beverage Division.
- 3 years Food & Beverage experience in a full-service environment is required.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.