Job Category: Internships/Co-Ops/ApprenticeshipsReq ID19071
The internship program experience combines Cedar Point’s business needs with college level internship requirements. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to grow and learn in the hospitality and amusement park tourism industry through hands-on exposure to day-to-day operational tasks within your assigned Division. You will be responsible for providing excellent guest service and utilizing leadership skills while collaborating on group projects to ensure a successful operation.
Interns will be performing Security details by conducting general patrol of the Park and security checks of properties including Hotels and Dorms, working in stationary perimeter booths to conduct security checks and observations, assist with conducting Security Screening procedures for guests and associates as they enter through metal detection, along with other security assignments or details. Security Interns will be asked to perform daily assignments on Company properties, maintain order and peace, protect the assets of the Company, enforce laws, policies, and procedures, and will be required to maintain department paperwork and write reports, follow, and pass training assignments, which may require tests as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be attending an accredited college or university within the United States
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law