Shared Accounting Services (Intern) Operational Accounting
Job Category: Accounting/FinanceReq ID 20527
Cedar Fair is seeking a Shared Accounting Services (Intern) Operational Accounting at our Cedar Point location. The SAS Associate is part of a team responsible for ensuring functions of Operational Accounting are completed timely, consistently, and accurately. This is a seasonal opportunity to gain experience in accounting disciplines where the learnings may enhance educational growth and/or future job opportunities. The SAS Associate will report directly to full-time members within the SAS team.
- Assist in tracking major project approvals and cash expenditures.
- Assist in reviewing and documenting transactional activity associated with capital project spending and inventory management.
- Assist in the review of the Fixed Asset Master file and maintenance of the fixed asset ledger.
- Assist in audit review of asset and inventory tracking.
- Assist team in auditing assets as assigned and in documenting procedures.
- Update purchase order maintenance and respective activity based on communication with Park divisional maintenance requests.
- Otherf duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 0-2 years work-related experience required.
- Person must be detail-oriented and be a team player. Current enrollment or pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.