Supervisor, Ride Maintenance
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID 20650
The Supervisor of Ride Maintenance assists in performing and leading assigned crew in monitoring, maintenance and repair of rides and attractions as assigned. Performs related duties as required.
- Assists in performing and leading assigned crew in monitoring, maintenance and repair of rides and attractions as assigned. Performs related duties as required.
- Supervises subordinate crew members with the assistance of the foreperson. Supervisory duties include training, scheduling, direct instruction, assigning, reviewing and planning work, maintaining standards, coordinating activities, allocating personnel, and takes corrective action on employee issues. Timekeeping of employee schedules with in the Cedar Point timekeeping system.
- Reviews the work of subordinates for effectiveness and efficiency; Establishes and maintains a professional, trained, and motivated staff through effective implementation of performance and development programs. Uses effective communication to ensure all understand the expectations of the department. Utilizes company guidelines to hold those accountable when necessary.
- Develops and implements short/long range ride maintenance/repair plans. Assists in performing winter overhaul and year-long preventive maintenance of assigned rides/vehicles. Assists in monitoring, troubleshooting and repairing rides/vehicles during operating season. Keeps Area Manager informed of all maintenance problems/areas of concern. Assists other departments on repairs/maintenance projects as appropriate.
- Assists Area Manager in preparing department budget. Assists with ordering parts and materials as needed, ensuring compliance with the budgetary allocations. Assists in maintaining adequate inventory.
- Ensures the proper maintenance and safe operating condition of all assigned equipment. Conducts safety meetings and safety inspections of equipment. Receives and responds to inquiries, concerns and complaints from associates and guests regarding ride safety and maintenance.
- Hires candidates for open positions to effectively and strategically grow the assigned team. Ensures the new hire has the knowledge and resources to perform their job to the best of their ability.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Vocational/technical training preferred.
- 1-3 years of supervisory/leadership experience.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of industrial electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatic systems. Ability to use meters, gauges, measuring devices, cutting torch, mechanic's tools, various other hand and power tools.
- Preferred knowledge in Microsoft Office, Maintenance Connection, UKG, and JDE.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, per company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.