Santa Clara, California
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID19472
Under occasional supervision, the Automotive Foreperson is responsible for maintaining and repairing Park vehicles, heavy equipment and selected rides as assigned. Performs related duties as required.
Salary Details: $35.39/hr. - $44.11/hr. based on experience.
- Maintains and repairs vehicles, heavy equipment and select rides as assigned.
- Diagnoses and determines repair requirements for mechanical, electrical and computer-related problems with fleet vehicles and select rides, including problems involving brake components, electrical systems, computer systems, fuel injection systems, engines, power trains, front ends, steering systems, cooling and heating systems, guiding systems, safety systems, etc. Welds, modifies and fabricates parts as necessary.
- Rehabilitates ride cars as required.
- Services employee vehicles and guest vehicles as necessary.
- Washes fleet and ride cars.
- Works with other departments on repairs and maintenance projects as appropriate.
- Maintains assigned equipment and tools; maintains a clean and safe shop and other work areas.
- Attends training as required to maintain/develop necessary skills.
- Receives and responds to work orders in a timely manner.
- Prepares and/or maintains maintenance records, work orders, part inventory lists, inspection reports, etc.
- Refers to policies and procedure manuals, maintenance manuals, technical manuals and diagrams, ride manuals, vehicle maintenance manuals, vendor catalogs, etc.
- Operates vehicles (automobiles, trucks, buses), rides, construction equipment, vehicle lift, tire machine, fork lift, jacks, air compressor, diagnostic equipment, welding equipment, various other shop equipment, telephone, two-way radio.
- Uses meters, gauges, measuring devices, welding tools, mechanic's tools, electrician’s tools, plumbing tools, various other hand and power tools, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other Park supervisors and staff, guests, vendors, inspectors, etc.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Requires at least three to five years of experience in automotive maintenance, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.