Internal Audit Intern
Santa Clara, California
Job Category: Accounting/FinanceReq ID 20678
If you're looking for an internship to work exclusively on our national CPA firm's Cloud audit program, plus perform Sarbanes Oxley audits on your own with our direction, this is the one!
Our Internal Audit internship will give you critical knowledge for your future career, daily exposure and reporting to all levels of our company management, and also cause your future career interviewers to want to hear more about your work accomplishments here! To say it another way, this is NOT an internship where you're just going to change light bulbs all summer long. We need our interns to do these objectives and more, because our interns actually become our staff auditors during the summer (the interns and our audit managers are the only staff working on our audits). If you want to learn more about this, we'd love to consider interviewing you (a full description is below)!
Two summer interns are needed to fill highly visible audit staff positions at our California's Great America location for the large, publicly held company, Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (www.cedarfair.com).
These positions offer the chance to acquire an exceptional amount of audit, accounting, and business experience, while working in a fun and professional environment!
NOTE: To apply for this internship, please submit you're updated transcript and resume. Also state your earliest possible starting work date when spring classes end, and the latest ending work date before fall classes, along with any vacations you have scheduled between those times.
Audit staff interns perform all of our summer Sarbanes Oxley audits used by our external CPA firm, under the direction and mentorship of a Corporate Internal Audit Manager.
Assignments may also include audits on controls over Revenue, Cash Receipts, Accounting and Computer Systems, Payroll, Purchasing & Expenditures, Inventory, etc., plus other projects. After completing each audit, you will write a conclusion and any necessary recommendations for improvements to the controls and procedures.
No prior audit experience is necessary, as training and guidance will be provided during the internship.
- Candidates must be highly motivated and able to work professionally with and without supervision.
- Excellent communication skills are a plus, as you’ll interact with managers on a regular basis.
- Auditors should be willing to work approximately 40-45 hours per week over 5 days (with at least one weekend day), daily schedules will vary.
- Candidates should be Accounting majors in their sophomore year or above.
- Preferred completion of two accounting courses prior to next summer's internship.
- Preferred enrollment or completion of at least one accounting course prior to your interview in the fall.
- Be available for the internship between the months of May-August.