Santa Clara, California
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID19113
Salary Details: $35.29/hr. - $44.11/hr. based on experience.
Overall direction and leadership of the Landscape section and assist in the installation and maintenance of Landscape.
- Strong knowledge of native plants, ornamental flowers, and/or urban agriculture with a focus on colorful annual planting.
- Continued sequence of bloom throughout the year.
- Transplanting and greenhouse maintenance.
- Develop and implement Landscape maintenance plans and work schedules that clearly define the goals and strategies needed to reach the objectives for California's Great America and the Maintenance Department.
- Provide direction and leadership to the landscape maintenance associates by implementing programs, encouraging creativity, and inspiring associates to reach the next level in their professional career.
- Select, train, direct, schedule, evaluate and discipline staff and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Establish and maintain professional, trained, and motivated staff through effective implementation of performance and development programs.
- Respond to and take appropriate action to resolve concerns and complaints from guests and associates.
- Provide team with necessary information and tools to effectively perform their duties.
- Ensure that maintenance policies and procedures are implemented, updated, and followed.
- Maintain liaison with park departments to ensure that landscape concerns are identified, solutions are coordinated and followed-up on.
- Prepare accurate cost analysis of projects and forecast accurate project completion dates.
- Gather, enter, and collate necessary data for submission of required reports, both internal and external, in a timely manner.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate quality-assurance measures and ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in speaking, writing, and listening to management, associates, and customers. Performs preventative maintenance (planned internal inspections) on equipment and completes required documentation and check-out file records.
- Keeps work areas clean and organized.
- Keep abreast of current trends and practices in field of expertise. Makes recommendations based on new development/trends.
- Moves throughout entire area of responsibility regularly to maintain awareness of total operation.
- Assist in preparing the operation plan and budget. Order parts and supplies. Monitor and take action to ensure operation remains within guidelines concerning budget.
- Follow established accounting procedures for documentation of purchases and expenses.
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality of paperwork and information in maintenance.
- Coordinate and implement special maintenance programs as assigned.
- Follows proper storage requirements for equipment and supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- 3 - 5 Years Related Experience landscape maintenance, irrigation, pest control, arbor care, turf, and ornamental horticulture.
- Must be at least 18 Years of Age.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Demonstrated experience in Landscape maintenance to include irrigation, pest control, arbor care, turf, ornamental horticulture or degree in horticulture or related field.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience to include budgeting, scheduling and managing projects from conception through completion.
- Good communication (written, verbal and listening) skills, especially for dealing with the public and associates.
- Basic computer skills (spreadsheet, word processing, data base). Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel a plus.
- NCDEA certification to apply pesticides or obtain certification within 1 year of employment.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.