Manager, Rides Maintenance
Santa Clara, California
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID19384
Under limited supervision, plans, schedules, and manages the mechanical maintenance of rides and automobiles. Supports and manages mechanical components of capital improvements and new ride installations. Coordinates projects with other park departments and the corporate office as required. Supervises and reviews the work of subordinate, managerial, and support staff. Performs related administrative, supervisory, and technical duties as required.
Salary Details: $107,960 - $134,950/yr., based on experience and knowledge
- Supervises subordinate managerial and supervisory staff; supervisory duties include instructing; assigning, reviewing, and planning the work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; allocating personnel; selecting new employees; acting on employee problems; recommending employee promotions, transfers and discharge, and approving disciplinary action.
- Prepares and manages the department budgets, ensuring expenditures do not exceed budget allocations. Reviews plans for new capital projects, ride renovation projects, plant integrity projects, and physical plant improvement projects; reviews project estimate requests.
- Oversees the inspection of rides, vehicles, and mechanical systems and equipment to ensure compliance with established policies, procedures, codes, regulations, and standards of quality and safety. Reviews ride downtime reports and takes necessary action.
- Implements corporate ride maintenance standards. Provides field supervision of steel erection and safety compliance
testing of new ride construction projects. Expedites the design review, manufacture and quality insurance inspection of,
and contracting for, new rides.
- Prepares, implements, and directs plans to address long range plans for ride maintenance, equipment maintenance and replacement.
- Prepares, receives, reviews and/or maintains various records and reports including budget documents, financial forecasts, general ledger, purchase orders, downtime reports, work requests, safety sheets, invoices, work/project schedules, personnel forms, ride modification forms, etc.
- Interacts with and communicates with various groups and individuals, such as the immediate supervisor, other park managers and staff, co-workers, guests, vendors, contractors, inspectors, etc.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions, and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair’s attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s code of conduct including costuming and grooming standards as outlined in employees’ Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. Vocational training in Ride Operations, Mechanical or Maintenance Experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license/ State or Province required license and/or certification
- 5+ years of Ride Operations, Mechanical or Maintenance. 3+ years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the above requirements. Responsible for directing other employees’ daily work activities and to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews
- Knowledge of control processors, components, and communication networks used in real-time industrial applications.
- Proficient in developing and reading electrical schematics, one-line diagrams, and technical documents. Knowledge of various ride mechanics to include with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical drive systems, barring types and installations.
- Experienced in motor and motion control methods and components.