Santa Clara, California
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID19118
Salary details: $30/hr. - $40/hr. based on experience.
Inspects, maintains, and repairs rides and electrical equipment as assigned. Performs related duties as required such as down time calls, ongoing maintenance, installations, and annual projects from the Ride Electrical operation. Responsibilities and requirements may vary by location.
- Ensures the proper electrical maintenance and safe operating condition of all park rides.
- Performs inspection, maintenance, troubleshoots and repairs electrical work on rides, ride control systems, computer, and PLC.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical work on rides, ride control systems, computer, and PLC.
- Installs electrical conduit and wiring; cleans electrical equipment and components; maintains controls and motors on rides; maintains ride lighting; maintains ride solid state drives.
- Modifies electrical/electronic systems as needed to ensure ride safety and efficiency.
- Reviews technical documents, blueprints, schematics, catalogs, etc., as needed to support ride maintenance, repair, and rehabilitation work.
- Prepares and/or maintains inspection sheets, daily work records, downtime records, modification forms, various other reports, records, logs, etc.
- Performs all work in accordance with department policies and procedures, regulations, plans and specifications, and standards of quality and safety.
- Refers to policies and procedure manuals, maintenance manuals, technical manuals and diagrams, ride manuals, vendor catalogs, etc.
- Orders and assists in maintaining inventory of supplies, parts and materials.
- Maintains assigned equipment in a safe and proper working condition; maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Interacts with and communicates with various groups and individuals, such as the immediate supervisor, other Park managers and staff, co-workers, guests, vendors, contractors, inspectors, etc.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions, and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervisor
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Capable of performing most complex inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of electrical work on rides, ride control systems, computer, and PLC. Inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical work on rides, ride control systems, computer, and PLC.
- Strong knowledge of electrical theory, methods, practices, terminology, tools, and materials used in electrical maintenance. Excellent skills in working with blueprints, diagrams, and sketches.
- Must be comfortable working at heights up to 250ft.
- Highly skilled at working on electrical components of park rides. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Electrical field education or 2-year Certificate preferred. Training in Electrical/industrial engineering and demonstrated expertise in drafting software such as Vector works or Auto CAD.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must meet state certifications and/or licensing.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience as an electrician, including 2 years working in a similar commercial environment.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.