Santa Clara, California
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID19467
Salary details based on experience:
Level 1: $31/hr.
Level 2: $37/hr.
Level 3: $42/hr.
Performs inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and annual rehabilitation of a variety of different amusement rides and attractions, depending on level of employee. Areas of responsibility include (but are not limited to) maintenance of gearboxes, chains, sprockets, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, wire rope, hoists, brakes, pumps, and large bearings. Climbing and working safely at height is an essential part of this job. Responsibilities and requirements may vary by location.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and other required inspections of amusement rides and related equipment as assigned, taking corrective actions as issues are identified. Inspections are visual as well as auditory.
- Trouble shoots a variety of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems and takes appropriate corrective actions.
- Properly follows all repair procedures and maintains accurate documentation of all repairs. Maintains orderly and accurate records of all required inspections and work performed and submits required paperwork to supervision in a timely manner.
- Communicates the status of assigned rides both verbally and in written format.
- Maintains all assigned equipment in a safe and ready condition according to all applicable codes, laws, rules, company policies, and best practices.
- Reads, understands, and applies information from manufacturer’s manuals for service, repair and or component replacement. Accurately reads blueprints (mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic). Completes proper documentation as required.
- Interacts with and communicates with various groups and individuals, such as the immediate supervisor, other Park managers and staff, co-workers, guests, vendors, contractors, inspectors, etc.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions, and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair’s attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s code of conduct including costuming and grooming standards as outlined in employees’ Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a vocational diploma in mechanical/industrial maintenance supplemented by a minimum of one year of experience in mechanical maintenance for a Level 1 Ride Mechanic, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Requires forklift and man lift certifications.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid California Driver's License.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.