Security Investigator, Seasonal
Santa Clara, California
Job Category: Security & Loss PreventionReq ID 21574
Joining our California’s Great America team means you’ll investigate the smallest detail and turn it into a major breakthrough.
- Investigate security and safety concerns, such as internal theft, external theft, fraud, safety incidents, and workplace injuries. Prepare detailed, factual reports for all investigations and present findings to department and park management for resolution.
- Respond promptly to safety and first aid incidents, documenting on-scene conditions and conducting investigations into any safety concerns. Conduct follow-ups into any safety concerns to ensure they are promptly addressed and mitigated.
- Investigate sources of external theft and, when necessary, apprehend subjects involved in external theft and shoplifting. Seek prosecution when appropriate and within company guidelines.
- Collaborate with local law enforcement agencies on investigations and prosecution efforts, as required by each case. Work to fulfil information requests from local law enforcement in accordance with company data release policies.
- Design and implement effective prevention measures to safeguard company assets, contributing to the reduction of potential security threats and loss of company property. Educate company associates on implemented prevention measures and techniques.
- Proactively monitor surveillance systems in real-time to identify and address security or safety concerns promptly. Review requested surveillance footage and appropriately store or archive it for future reference.
- Install, service, and maintain surveillance equipment as assigned, ensuring the functionality and reliability of all security systems. Work with company departments to fulfil surveillance requests.
- Conduct internal audits to assess security and safety compliance, reporting findings to Security Management and recommending improvements. Conduct follow-up investigations to ensure appropriate measures were taken to mitigate future audit failures.
- Assist Security Patrol with surveillance or investigation requests, providing expertise and collaborating seamlessly with other security personnel. Support Security Patrol during events or holidays to ensure sufficient security coverage, contributing to a safe and enjoyable experience for park visitors.
Some of our amazing perks and benefits:
- Paid Training!
- FREE Uniforms!
- FREE Admission to California’s Great America and other Cedar Fair parks!
- FREE tickets for friends and family!
- 25% discounts on Food and 20% discounts on Merchandise!
- Employee-only RIDE nights, GAME nights and FREE FOOD events!
- Work with people from here, near and from all over the world!
Cedar Fair is home to 13 unique and exciting properties, so come join our world class team in Santa Clara at California’s Great America. California’s Great America is the top destination for thrill-seekers and families alike and premiere entertainment with 100+ acres of FUN. We want YOU to join us in making people happy!
As a member of our team, you’ll…
- Make our guests happy by delivering amazing experiences and helping them create lifelong memories.
- Interact with different people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Gain skills, knowledge and experience that will benefit your future.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid Guard Card.
- Candidates must be available to work both Saturday and Sunday for Spring operation.
- We’re looking for candidates who have FULL AVAILABILITY meaning they’re able to work opening and/or closing shifts.
- **Ideally looking for candidates available to work up to 8 hr. shifts.
- This is a seasonal position, and we’re looking for candidates who can work a minimum of 3 months through the end of the year.
- People who love helping others and will support the needs of our guests and associates.
- Individuals with a passion and excitement about California’s Great America.