Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID19200
Full-time | Year-round | Comprehensive Benefits Package
The Kitchen Mechanic repairs, maintains, and installs a variety of commercial food preparation and serving equipment. This includes, but is not limited to: commercial ovens, ranges, fryers, warmers, proofers, mixers, dishwashers, coolers, freezers, ice machines, and soft‑serve ice cream equipment. The Kitchen Mechanic also orders supplies and spare parts as necessary to properly maintain the equipment under their care.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains a wide variety of commercial restaurant and food preparation equipment such as mixers, slicers, blenders, etc.
- Repairs and maintains commercial ice makers and ice dispensers.
- Repairs and maintains commercial dishwashing equipment.
- Repairs and maintains gas and electric grills, ovens, stoves, and ranges.
- Repairs and maintains commercial soft‑serve ice cream machines.
- Repairs and maintains commercial gas and electric fryers.
- Repairs and maintains commercial freezers, coolers, cold tables, and refrigerated display cases.
- Orders and maintains a stock of repair parts as required to facilitate timely repair of kitchen equipment.
- Maintains all assigned equipment in a safe and functional condition at all times.
- Installs a wide variety of commercial food preparation serving equipment.
- Completes a variety of maintenance related paperwork, including daily logs, work orders, requisitions, and quotes.
- Provides technical specifications for the purchase of new and replacement commercial kitchen equipment.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures related to the operation of all kitchen equipment and tools.
- Communitcates the status of all kitchen equipment and components in both verbal and written formats to Maintenance and Foods management.
- Reads and interprets equipment schematics for commercial ktichen and serving equipment.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- At least 5 years' experience in the repair and maintenance of commercial kitchen equipment.
- At least 3 years' experience with the repair and maintenance of refrigeration equipment such as freezers, coolers, and ice making equipment.
- At least 2 years' experience with the repair and maintenance of gas or electric cooking equipment such as ranges, ovens, grills, or fryers.
- Basic electrical troubleshooting skills (including AC and DC motors and controls).
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Must posess valid Driver's License.