Job Category: Food & BeverageReq ID 20896
Full-time | Year-round | Comprehensive Benefits Package
The Sous Chef must be able to show a strong knowledge of back of house operations as well as participate in the preparation and execution of all banquets. Provide assistance with purchasing, inventory, and any administrative needs. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Plan and execute catering and banquet events; manage and control product inventory levels and quality, forecast product and labor needs for catering and banquets, ensure all private events are executed to company standards.
- Oversees and assigns the daily work of employees in assigned cost center, provides training, coaching, counseling and tracking regarding employee performance; refers disciplinary issues upward and provides back-up documentation to support actions including discipline, promotion, demotion and termination; assists in preparing and conducting performance appraisals with each direct report on an annual basis.
- Uphold company standards and guidelines for food preparation and presentation.
- Ensure proper sanitation and food safety as defined by local and state health department laws.
- Consult daily with the Executive Chef and/or the Executive Sous Chef to ensure successful operational results.
- Assist in the planning and daily execution of employee meals.
- Plan and cost all internal catering events; maintain a log of all internal events to be submitted to the Exeutive Chef on a weekly basis.
- Trains and directs staff in providing guest service according to Cedar Fair standards on an overall basis; serves as an example to personnel by following guest service standards; takes appropriate actions to correct poor guest service or recognize superior guest service; responds to and resolves more complex typical guest concerns that cannot be resolved at the unit level.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Vocational/Technical Training, Associates Degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- 2-4 years food service experience.
- 1-3 years supervisory experience.
- Open availability to fill a rotating 40 hour schedule, to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to pass a servsafe certification class & serve safe alcohol certification class.