Job Category: Entertainment Shows/PerformersReq ID18597
You're born to take centre stage and perform for our guests as part of one of our many AMAZING live productions!
This position has a daily rate of $160. For rehearsals and training, the rate would be $20 per hour.
Candidates must be available minimum of 2 days per week July 1-30th.
- Performs for guests as a drummer or percussionist in a performer capacity as designated by Entertainment Management
- Rehearses role for assigned show as directed by the production staff
- Maintain the show standards at the highest level by keeping assigned role at the performance quality at which the show was directed during several performance times per day, as assigned by park management
- Pre-set and check condition costumes and props, reports repair needs to the proper personnel
- Mandatory physical and music warm-ups prior to performances to prevent injury
- Provide guest service according to Cedar Fair standards including initiating guest interactions, answering questions, and giving directions
- Ensure that all safety standards and practices are met, report any unsafe conditions to supervisors
- Perform all duties as assigned by Leads, Captains, and Entertainment Management including but not limited to: cleaning the break room and associated backstage areas, refresher rehearsals and retraining, attending meetings, etc.
- Meets Cedar Fair’s attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive rapport with guests and employees at all times
- Assist with other duties as required
- Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Must pass all audition and/or interview requirements
- Proven talent playing drums and/or percussion
- Maintain a high level of performance and stage presence to ensure a positive guest experience
- Able to roam with a marching-style drum weighing up to 30 lbs while delivering energetic street performances
- Able to work outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Available to work flexible shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays in July and August
- Available for flexible rehearsal shifts in June
- Abide by all Canada’s Wonderland policies and procedures as set out by the Park and the Entertainment Department