Entertainment Technical Supervisor - Show Production
Job Category: Entertainment TechReq ID16714
This position pays $21.50 per hour.
To provide technical support and leadership to the assigned show or program and to assist in the technical preparation and operation of all assigned equipment: sets, props, lights, rigging, sound and video.
- Maintain the show’s standards at the highest level by keeping assigned “cues” at the performance quality at which the show was first directed.
- Troubleshoot technical problems in order to maintain show quality at the discretion of Management .
- Maintain all technical elements as set during the rehearsal period. Take proper care of all assigned equipment and before each use ensure that the equipment operates safely. If a piece of equipment requires maintenance or repair notify the Managers immediately .
- Learn and master all assigned equipment, its operation and maintenance procedures. Conduct daily safety checks and report any damages, malfunctions, and irregularities to Management .
- Maintain an inventory of equipment and equipment accessories. Report any shortages to Management immediatel .
- Co-ordinate any work to be done by the technical crew in your assigned area(s) including supervision of your assigned technical crew on a daily basis .
- Appraise the performance of all associates in their program and initiate recommendations for promotions, and provide corrective action in accordance with company policies and procedures in conjunction with fellow supervisors.
- Ensure that all technicians are treated fairly and acquire a good working experience. Ensure effective communication between crew and Managers. Provide or facilitate training to technicians throughout the season as required.
- Maintain at all times a positive rapport with all guests and employees in the Park, whether it is during a performance, or during a personal encounter while out in the Park.
- Abide by all Canada’s Wonderland policies and procedures as set out by the Park and the Entertainment Department. Specific policies and procedures are outlined in the Park Employee and Paramount Theatre Handbooks.
- Ensure that all safety standards and practices are met.
- Perform all duties as assigned by Entertainment Management. Daily duties will include the cleaning of the break room, associated backstage areas, maintenance of equipment, clean up rehearsals, meetings and “Notes” sessions.
- Promote a positive work environment.
- The Technical Supervisor should be currently enrolled in or be a graduate of a post-secondary theatre program or have technical theatre experience with thorough knowledge of design, operation and maintenance of lighting, audio equipment, as well as scenic and rigging components.
- The candidate should have proven leadership and people management skills.
- Able to work flexible shifts including evenings, weekends, holidays.
- Previous Park experience is an asset.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment deemed necessary to perform this job safely (may include; gloves, mask and/or face shield, non-slip shoes etc).