Rides Electrician - Full Time/Permanent
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID19320
Candidate Profile: The ideal candidate is a licensed Electrician with excellent electronics skills. This person is able to effectively troubleshoot and problem-solve PLC controls and electronic drives.
Scope of Position: A “hands-on” individual who is responsible for the maintenance and installation of the electrical needs of the park rides.
Benefits: We proudly offer a competitive benefit package for all our permanent associates including a robust pension plan, healthcare, annual bonus, RRSP, 3 weeks' vacation to start, disability insurance, life insurance and more. We also offer some fun perks like passes to the Park for friends and family.
- Responsible for preventative maintenance program of area
- Assist with all service calls while on-duty in an efficient manner
- Ensure all necessary tools, parts and supplies for each job are available
- Install, rebuild and/or repair equipment as specified
- Maintain all required service records reports and logs for designated rides area
- Identify and report all potential improvements, modifications and upgrades
- Ensure the safe operation of each work area and work project
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a licensed Electrician in a diverse environment or an apprentice with prior experience in a Rides environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
- Must have experience with Rockwell software, such as Logix500, Logix5000 and Studio5000
- Must be experienced with Allen-Bradley PLC controllers such as ControlLogix, CompactLogix, GuardLogix and SLC500.
- Ability to work from manuals and blueprints is essential
- Ability to work shifts weekends and holidays as required
- Ownership of tools and safety boots
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Required to meet the physical demands of the job including: weights of up to 23kg, heights of 106m, frequent standing, walking, twisting, reaching, bending, crawling and ability to work with ladders