SpringHill Suites Maintenance - Part Time
Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Category: Hotel OperationsReq ID 21297
As a Maintenance Tech you will be responsible for all building, pool and grounds maintenance of a new 130 room Springhill Suites hotel adjacent to Carowinds Amusement Park. You will also be responsible for safety and security within the building and grounds all while ensuring the guest are well cared for and have a memorable stay experience while visiting the Carolinas! You'll also:
- Perform routine troubleshooting for in-room issues and accommodate guest request
- Conduct daily property walk-through and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment. Arrange plans for repairs of issues discovered
- Complete necessary repairs, replacement, and renovation projects to offices and employee work areas.
- Maintain effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
- Maintain proper fire and life safety practices and documentation according to brand standard
Some of our amazing perks and benefits:
- FREE admission to Carowinds and other Cedar Fair parks!
- FREE tickets for friends and family!
- 10% discounts on food and 20% discounts on merchandise!
- Work with people from here, near, and from all over the world!
- Exclusive associate-only events!
Apply now if you're looking for a rewarding job that's also FUN! Carowinds offers convenient hours for college students, retirees, or anyone seeking an awesome part-time opportunity. Our jobs can lead to a successful future by developing resume-building skills as well as gaining knowledge through training and work experience.
Positions are currently available for those who are 18 or older.
We are here to make people happy!! Carowinds associates are enthusiastic about their work because they create fun and memories to last lifetime! They are crucial to providing guests with a variety of engaging activities that reflect and uphold our core values of Integrity, Courtesy, and Inclusiveness.
- 2 years of building maintenance in the hotel or property management field required
- Previous hotel experience preferred, previous Marriott experience a plus
- Requires advance knowledge of maintenance practices relative to building maintenance including plumbing, refrigeration, boilers, mechanical, HVAC, paint, lighting, carpentry to complete repair work
- Have independent problem solving skills and sense of urgency
- People who love helping others and will support the needs of our guests and associates.
- Good judgement and a commitment to safety.
- Ability to work and interact with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Individuals with a passion and excitement about Carowinds.
- Availability to include some weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.