Food and Beverage Trainer
Job Category: Food & BeverageReq ID 21299
Kings Dominion is looking for a Trainer in our Food & Beverage Department. This position is responsible for conducting training classes for all new associates, as well as returning associates.
This position has a starting wage of $14.50 an hour, plus the fun benefits of free park entry for yourself, the opportunity to earn admission tickets for your friends and family, as well as awesome employee appreciation events!
- Trains seasonal associates at all levels.
- Assigns new associates in food locations according to needs using the department staffing Sheet.
- Reports staffing updates to department leadership team.
- Administer ServSafe Safe Food Handler course upon associate completion of Orientation.
- Administer ServSafe Safe Alcohol course upon associate completion of Department Training.
- Conduct Associate training according to the guidelines provided.
- Will approve all shifts related to associate training, which will include input if necessary.
- Update associate records with training information immediately upon completion of trainings.
- Forward sign off sheets for virtual signing by associates and add to files.
- Print blank copies of Time Sheets to track associate time for training for the week.
- Send out message in Teams to all full-time staff of new arrivals, place a memo in location mailboxes.
- Will walk locations to ensure consistent training is taking place in locations and touch base with Team Lead trainers.
- May be assigned other duties within the Food Department as needed without interference to training.
- Provide weekly reports on training statistics.
- Must pass ServSafe: Food Handler, Food Manager, and ABC courses as well as obtain the status of proctor and instructor for the food courses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn other software programs
- Must possess communication skills and comfortable with public speaking
- Minimal supervision is required