Job Category: Security & Loss PreventionReq ID 20291
$15.50 / hour
18+ earns $15.50 / hour. Associate must be at least 18 years old to be considered for this position.
Michigan’s Adventure is looking for talented students in the criminal justice and emergency management fields to join our security teams as paid interns for the 2024 Season! As one of our Security Interns, you will be responsible for maintaining the safety and security of our park for guests and associates. This role offers great experience, awesome incentives, and a schedule that is right for you.
- Greet guests cheerfully when they are entering the park.
- Monitor walk-through metal detectors.
- Monitor and screen guests and associates entering and exiting the park.
- Provide high visibility patrols of buildings and grounds of the park to provide reasonable protection of park's property, assets, guests, and associates.
- Monitor, enforce and correctly report violations of park rules and applicable State laws.
- Enforce all park policies, rules, and regulations.
Our paid internship program offers:
- An opportunity for students to get real-life experience interacting with the public in an authority role.
- Flexibility to work with degree requirements and school schedules.
- Mentoring from leadership and performance reviews designed to help students identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- Exposure to the administration and function of private security in an international corporation.
- A fun team atmosphere and an active work environment.
- A 2-year certificate in Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) that the student can take with them upon the completion of their internship.
Some of our amazing perks and benefits:
- FREE admission and parking to Michigan’s Adventure and all other Cedar Fair parks!
- FREE tickets for friends and family!
- 25% discounts on Food and 20% discounts on Merchandise!
- Employee only RIDE nights and FREE FOOD events!
- Make Lifelong FRIENDS!
Cedar Fair is home to 13 unique and exciting properties, so come join our world class team at Michigan’s Adventure! At Michigan’s Adventure and Wildwater Adventure you will find over 60 rides, slides, and attractions, including seven roller coasters and we want you to join us in being a part of our best day guest experience. As a member of our team, you will…
- Make guests happy by ensuring they have the best day possible and helping them build lifelong memories.
- Provide our guests with a safe environment to enjoy their visit.
- Interact and work with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Gain skills
- A genuine interest in making people feel welcome using your smile and positive nature.
- Excited to be a part of something you believe in, providing fun while having fun at work.
- Openness to learn, grow and develop skills.
- Available weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.