Area Manager, Ride Maintenance
Job Category: Maintenance/TradesReq ID 20961
The Area Manager of Ride Maintenance develops/implements mechanical maintenance plans, polices, and operations functions that clearly define the goals/strategies and expectations to reach the objectives of the department. Provides direction/leadership to the Ride Maintenance Supervisor and all associates by implementing department programs, encouraging creativity, and inspiring associates to be innovative.
- Ensures maintenance policies and procedures are kept updated and followed. Establishes and maintains a professional, trained, and motivated staff through effective implementation of performance and development programs. Uses effective communication to ensure all understand the expectations of the department. Utilizes company guidelines to hold those accountable when necessary.
- Utilizes a look forward approach to ensure plans are in place including cost, deliveries, equipment, and timeline for upcoming projects, park operation, and annual rehab. Evaluates and tracks required and/or necessary preventative maintenance at larger than annual frequencies to ensure timeline and costs are maintained and accurate and does not affect the operation of the attraction.
- Develops plans and priorities to prepare and manage an operating budget. Analyzes costs of projects to develop an accurate forecast and plan including a schedule for completion.
- Evaluates ride reliability and performance to prioritize improvements to continue to increase the up time further contributing to a positive guest experience.
- Works with vendors/manufacturers to continue to improve the reliability of the attractions through continued evaluation of design and find cost saving measures that will maintain the integrity of the design/system.
- Follows up with team and/or management to ensure situations and concerns are handled within a timely manner. Responsible for acting as the liaison with the State of Ohio inspectors for their areas of responsibility.
- Participates in the Manager on Duty program.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Associate's degree/vocational or technical certification preferred.
- Valid US driver's license.
- 1-3 years of supervisor and/or leadership experience.
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical maintenance experience as well as supervisory/management experience to include coordinating and managing maintenance teams to effectively maintain and troubleshoot rides and attractions.
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, UKG and JDE.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, per company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.